Currently, there are no employment opportunities available.
- Tour Guide/Interpreter – help us bring the history of Strathcona County alive! You’ll interpret museum artifacts, thus providing our young visitors with a greater understanding and appreciation of the Museum’s collections and exhibits.
This is an excellent way to give back to your community. Whatever your age, interest, or ability, we have a job that you’ll enjoy. Sign up with a friend or on your own. Meet new people and work in a stimulating and educational environment. Our volunteers, aged 12 to 90 have logged over 103,000 hours since the opening of the Museum in 1997. Some volunteers have been with us for over 20 years! Click here to join our team!
Become a Member
Strathcona County Museum & Archives is an independent nonprofit organization governed by The Strathcona County Heritage Foundation. Yearly memberships can be purchased for $15 for Individuals and $30 for Families and are effective from January through December. As members, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to preserve the County’s rich heritage for generations to come, plus you’ll receive the many other benefits including unlimited visits to the Museum. Click here for a membership application form.
The generosity and support of Strathcona County, Alberta Museums Association, grant providers, County residents, Museum volunteers and visitors enables the Museum to successfully operate. We are very grateful for their contributions. We accept many types of donations:
- Time – the gift of your time is invaluable.
- Artifacts – we accept artifacts relevant to our Mission. Contact us for details.
- Non-Artifacts – office furniture, mannequins, and displays contribute to the appearance of our exhibits.
- Archives – preserve your family or business history by donating your files.
- Cash Donations – funds received are greatly appreciated and a tax receipt are provided for any donation over $20.