Strathcona County Museum & Archives
The Best Kept Secret in Strathcona County!
VOLUNTEERING - It is an excellent way of giving a little back to your community. Whatever your age, interest, or ability, we have a job for you that you’ll enjoy doing. Sign up with a friend or on your own. Meet new people and enjoy working in a fun and educational environment. Our volunteers, with ages ranging from 11 to 91, have logged over 51,000 hours since the opening of the Museum. Some have been volunteering for over 10 years! Join our happy team!
MEMBERSHIP - Strathcona County Museum & Archives is an independent nonprofit organization governed by The Strathcona County Heritage Foundation. Memberships can be purchased for $10 for Individuals and $20 for Families and are effective from January through December. As members, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to preserve the County’s rich heritage for generations to come, plus you’ll receive the many other benefits including unlimited visits to the Museum. Click here for more information.
DONATIONS - The generosity and support of the County of Strathcona, Alberta Museums Association, Grant Providers, County Residents, Museum Volunteers and Visitors enable the Museum to be a success. We are very grateful for their contributions. We accept many types of donations:
· Time - the gift of your time is invaluable.
· Artifacts - we accept artifacts relevant to our Mission. Contact us for details.
· Non-Artifacts - office furniture, mannequins, and displays contribute to the appearance of our exhibits.
· Archives - preserve your family or business history by donating your files.
· Cash Donations - funds received are greatly appreciated and a tax receipt can be provided.
Farmer George Wunderly giving a Tour